Saturday, January 5, 2013

Monday December 31, 2012


Hello Family and Friends,

I am having a great time on my mission.  My first area is Hudson, Florida, and my companion is Elder Grimmitt.  He is from San Diego, and we get along great. On Christmas, I was able to Skype with my family!  I was happy to see my family even though I have only out for about a month. It was great to see you guys. I hope to get letters from the rest of my family and many friends. So far out of friends I have only heard from Brett Darcy. Tell Brett that I am proud of his choice and that he needs to keeping writing me. As for the rest of my friends at least write me, i just want to know how you are doing and what you have you done for fun since i left. I have been waiting for more letters from friends but I know that you guys are busy and dont have time to but whenever you do try to write me! Again I just want to know how things are going. LOL. Anyways tell Shae that I was very happy when I got her letter this past week. Tell her that I miss her so much and cant wait to see and text her again after my mission. So come on family, If Shae can write me SO CAN YOU! I hope to get more packages from others. Mom, Just to let you know that i will be sending my SD card tomorrow to you guys so you can have the pics you have been waiting for for about a month. So then you can post them on facebook so everyone can see. I did see my blog today. I like the way it is put together. Very nice. Great job DAD & MOM.
 But anyways, We should be having a baptism this weekend!!!!! Super Excited if it does happen!!!!! Her name is Andromeda, and as long as she has been able to quit smoking, the baptism will happen!  I never thought I would have a baptism this soon!  We also have 4 other investigators who are getting close to baptism as well.
My first area is a car area, so I haven't even had a chance to ride my bike yet!  We also are in a house, just me and my companion.  I will send pictures of it so you all can see.
But again I love each and every single one you guys(family and friends). You have no idea how much I miss hanging out with all of yall. I cant wait until we get to hang out again. So far for funny stories is that for our district meetings, we made gingerbread houses and gingerbread men. Those were some funny times. I did take pics and they will be sent to my family and then they will post them on facebook. I hope everyone on facebook that is my friend is keeping up with my mission and i hope to hear from most of you that want to hear about how my mission is going. Again I love and miss all of yall so much, every single one of you and cant wait till we meet again.
 This is something that  will stIart doing from now on when I email on p-days.  I will share my favorite Scripture from this last week. For this first one, it is in 2 Nephi 4:34 and it says " O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever." i just wanted to share that first sentence. You can read the whole scripture but I just wanted to share that first sentence. It is very important to trust in the Lord forever. If we dont, then we will be lost. So I hope that all of my friends and family will trust in the lord forever.

Again i miss you all so much and cant wait to see yall again in 2 years time.

Love,

Elder Joshua Bryan Simonson

P.S. virtual hugs for EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S.S.  My address is 13303 Whaler Dr   Hudson, FL  34667     Email address is joshua.simonson@myldsmail.net

1 comment:

  1. Dear Elder Simonson,
    I thought I'd drop you a note to:

    1)let you know that I have put your photo and a short excerpt from this blog into the Ward History.

    2)let you know that I admire your service to the Church.

    52 years ago, I was a Florida missionary mostly in central part of state. I still not only love the people there, but also loved my mission.

    I'll be keeping an eye on you. Thanks for posting a blog.

    John McKea

    ReplyDelete